Friday, September 20, 2013

Low Sugar

I haven't updated simply because I can't find time. Tonight I'm exhausted and just want to sleep. Yet, Keeg's sugar tested 89. At 80 I have to actively get his sugar higher. So, I'm trying to stay awake to test again. We haven't dealt with low sugar yet. To say I'm scared is an understatement.

Keeg has had an anxiety attack, or more, each day. Trying to count carbs, juggle insulin, get full, and remember all the info we learned is taking it's toll on both of us. Add to that midnight and 3am checks....I'm exhausted. He sleeps through his midnight and 3am checks and insulin, but I have to make sure I'm up. My alarm now requires me to do math problems with no snooze option, just to make sure I don't sleep through the alarm.

My two best friends, one of which is a CNA has come to stay with us until we get it all under control. Having them here gives me a security I wouldn't otherwise have.

My dear, recently deceased friend has a young niece with Type 1 Diabetes. Her mother has shown me amazing support and I couldn't do it without her. Just knowing she is here for me means so much.

You may recall, the last blog post stated that I knew eventually that someone would say something about his checking sugar and taking insulin in public. Well, it happened. You can read everyone's responses to the situation here:

Response to "Don't Do That In Public"

Please keep us in your thoughts, prayers, positive vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment