Saturday, January 3, 2015

Asperger Suicide SCREAMS

It came to my attention most recently that the blog posts that receives the most views across all my blogs is the one I posted about a local 14 year old teen with Asperger Syndrome that committed suicide.

It has also come to my attention most recently that the majority of the people reading that blog post are those with Aspergers contemplating suicide. The second runner ups are their parents.

My heart is breaking. I am the mother of two on the Autism spectrum. I have seen so much heartache and pain.

When I was a young teen, even though I did not have Aspergers, I attempted suicide. I remember that hopelessness. I felt like I was all alone in the world and no one else could understand.

BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

If you have Aspergers and are thinking about suicide, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Because right now there are others from ALL OVER THE WORLD that are logging onto the internet, punching some words into a search engine, and coming to read the blog posts because THEY ARE ALSO SUICIDAL.

I can't say I understand Aspergers. I wish I did. As a mother I wish it so very much. I would love to understand why my sons feel and think the way they do. But there is hope. There is always hope. Even if the hope is only that you aren't alone.

Please, don't commit suicide. You are beautiful. You are put here, on a planet you feel is alien, to teach neurotyps like me what I am supposed to be.

Join us on Facebook at AspieLife. My son started this FB group to bring together not just those on the Autism Spectrum, but also those that love them and care! He said that all the groups were either for people on the spectrum, or were for those that loved someone on the spectrum but all that seemed to do was alienate us farther apart. He wanted somewhere that we could all share, and talk, and CARE. A place of acceptance and support. So, he created AspieLife. Please, come join us there and know you are not alone.

If you are a parent, sibling, friend, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, workmate, etc of someone on the Spectrum and YOU CARE then please join us on AspieLife.

You are not alone. Any of you. Regardless of how you feel, what you think, what you've done, what you will do......... I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment