Monday, September 26, 2011

Immunology, Upcoming Appts, more

Keeg visited the Immunologist this past week. I don't think I've ever seen so much blood drawn in one setting. We return in 4 weeks to get results. The doc did say that he hoped that it was cyclic neutropenia and that his WBC aren't always low. I let him know that Keeg has never had blood drawn and it shown his WBC or Platelets at a normal level. *sigh The doc and nurse assured me that if the blood tests show something that is "urgent" they'd call me immediately.

Keeg had his Occupational Therapy evaluation and we've already gotten the results. He has quite a bit of gross motor skills and more sensory issues then I realized. He'll be getting OT once a week along with some other suggestions made by OT.

This week Keeg will have his Central Auditory Processing Disorder evaluation done by an audiologist. We just got his little brother's results in the mail today.

We're adapting. We're discovering the path that we are walking, together. It's not easy, and I never really seem to know what I need to do to help him. I am trusting in God to show us the way.


Please keep praying for Keeg.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment